# # POST TITLE HERE

My Weekly Nutrition and Training Plan

August 12, 2014


The below nutrition plan is what I eat Monday through Friday. Saturday and Sunday during the day I still eat clean but will eat whatever is left over or what I have around my apartment. Two nights a week I have "treat" meals - whatever I choose. They are usually Saturday and Sunday night, but it does vary. I switch up my eating every week. I plan the week before what I want to have for meals, make the grocery list, and prep the food on Sunday's. A lot of times people will ask me if I get bored eating the same thing everyday. The answer is no. It is only 5 days a week that I eat the same thing. I eat to live - not live to eat. It took me a long time to come to that.  I also do this to save money. I live alone so I can't really cook tons of different things during the week because it's too expensive and will go bad. There are also ways you can switch up your eating day to day. Like my Quest Bars for instance; I eat a different flavor everyday, same with my yogurt. You can read here for meal prep ideas!

Total down (since 11/25/13):  62 pounds!
Today I am over at the hugely inspirational blog; "Femme Fitale" talking all things health, fitness, weight loss, and my journey. It was a wonderful interview with in depth questions, and I think you may find a lot of information from it!
Meal 1 (7 AM)
2 eggs over easy with turkey bacon pieces and a 100 calorie Vita muffin


Meal 2 (9:30 AM)
Meal 3 (1 PM)
Vegetarian mandarin "chik'n" with steamed vegetables and homemade healthy mashed red potatoes
Meal 4 (4 PM) 
Quest Protein Chips and 1/4 cup low fat cottage cheese
Gym 5-6:30 PM

Meal 5 (6:30 PM) [Post workout]
Meal 6 (9 PM) 


Bed time 11PM
-------------------------------
Sunday: (Rest)

Monday: (Core)
-20 minutes of high intensity interval training: Tredmill (Work: 3 minutes at 3.2 speed and 12 incline and rest 2 minutes at 3.4 speed and 0 incline. No holding onto the tredmill at all)
-10 minutes of cardio: Elliptical (Incline 9/10, Resistance 10)
- 3 sets of 45 second planks
- 3 sets of "Russian Twists" with a 10 pound weight plate
- 3 sets of 20 crunches
- 3 sets of 20 heel touches
- 3 sets of  10 elevated leg crunches
-10 minutes cardio: StairMill (5 minutes at 80 SPM and 5 minutes at 60 SPM. No holding onto machine)

Tuesday: (Weight Circuit + squats)
-30 minutes of cardio: StairMill (90 SPM regular work and 70 SPM with skipping every other step, 60 SPM for resting work - alternating all 3 levels every 3-4 minutes. Rest work is only 1 minute)
-Weight Circuit:
   -Shoulders: 3 x 15
   -Back: 3 x 15
   -Biceps: 3 x 15
   -Chest: 3 x 15
   -Triceps: 3 x 15
-Back Squats (4 x 15. Two sets of 55 pounds and Two sets of 75 pounds)
-15 minutes cardio: Elliptical (Incline 9 and 12, Resistance 10)

Wednesday: (Core)
-20 minutes of high intensity interval training: Tredmill (Work: 3 minutes at 3.2 speed and 12 incline and rest 2 minutes at 3.4 speed and 0 incline. No holding onto the tredmill at all)
-10 minutes of cardio: Elliptical (Incline 9/10, Resistance 10)
-Back Squats (4 x 15. Two sets of 55 pounds and Two sets of 75 pounds)
- 3 sets of 45 second planks
- 3 sets of "Russian Twists" with a 10 pound weight plate
- 3 sets of 20 crunches
- 3 sets of 20 heel touches
- 3 sets of  10 elevated leg crunches
-10 minutes cardio: StairMill (5 minutes at 80 SPM and 5 minutes at 60 SPM. No holding onto machine)

Thursday: (Weight Circuit)
-20 minutes of cardio: StairMill (90 SPM regular work and 70 SPM with skipping every other step, 60 SPM for resting work - alternating all 3 levels every 3-4 minutes. Rest work is only 1 minute)
-Weight Circuit:
   -Shoulders: 3 x 15
   -Back: 3 x 15
   -Biceps: 3 x 15
   -Chest: 3 x 15
   -Triceps: 3 x 15
    Sample workout
-25 minutes cardio: Elliptical (Incline 9 and 12, Resistance 10)

Friday: (Rest - Traveling)

Saturday: (Weight Circuit)
-30 minutes of cardio: StairMill (90 SPM regular work and 70 SPM with skipping every other step, 60 SPM for resting work - alternating all 3 levels every 3-4 minutes. Rest work is only 1 minute)
-Weight Circuit:
   -Shoulders: 3 x 15
   -Back: 3 x 15
   -Biceps: 3 x 15
   -Chest: 3 x 15
   -Triceps: 3 x 15
    Sample workout
-15 minutes cardio: Elliptical (Incline 9 and 12, Resistance 10)

16 comments

  1. You inspire and motivate me so much! Your meal plans are always so amazing. <3 you gurl!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm what are these vitamuffin things and where do you purchase such an item? They look delightful! I must try those Quest chips too! I love the bars!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a great week. I've never tried cottage cheese as a dip but now I will!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh lord girl, don't do that! LOL. I eat the cottage cheese separately not as a dip. I don't know if that would be good, haha!

      Delete
  4. Ooo I'll have to try that protein shake recipe out!! And those Quest protein chips??? UHHH WHERE did you buy those??? Thank you so much for sharing girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Quest sent them to me to try. I think right now they're just available on their website. I will keep an eye out if I see them in stores and let you know. I love them.

      Delete
  5. Mmm I love VitaTops! I have only bought the chocolate ones. Those with a handful of berries is my fave when I have a major sweet tooth :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh that pasta looks too easy- gonna have to try it out! Now over to femme fatale fit club to check out your interview!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a good week!!! I still don;t know how you eat the same thing every day for a week... I wish I could.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those Vitatops are so good. I need to get back into my protein shakes, that recipe looks so good.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How are those quest protein chips? I've really been enjoying my quest bars. I'm just a little hesitant to put in an order and pay for shipping if I don't like them. I'm also really curious about the quest pasta too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OK let me be honest. The pasta is absolutely DISGUSTING. However, I ate seafood. I ate the way the creatures look, I hate the way the smell, and most of all I hate the way they taste. The noodles smell like ravaging seafood when you open the package (they say it's because it's packaged in 'alkaline water"). This is supposed to go away once you rinse and cook them, but it didn't. The noodles still had a seafood taste. GA-ROSS. The chips on the other hand are delicious. They are crunchy with rich flavor. It almost tastes like a regular chip. For 120 calories a bag with 21g of protein, you can't beat it.

      Delete
  10. Oooh the milkshake sounds TASTY!

    I love your dedication!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I recently made grain pasta and love it! So many healthy options out there!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are on it girlfriend! I need to do more planning and prepping! I feel like it would make it so much easier but I have to feed other people. :/
    xo Krissy @ Sneakers and Sequins

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! Love your blog, so many great ideas! Started following you - looking forward to more inspiring articles!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you from the bottom of my heart for not only reading my blog, but taking the time to leave a response. If you notice that you do not hear back from me, please ensure you are not a "no-reply" blogger.

Keep in touch:
Twitter: FitnessBlondieL
Instagram: FitnessBlondieL
Say hello: Liz@TheFitnessBlondie.com
PR: Business@TheFitnessBlondie.com