# # POST TITLE HERE

It was like someone dumped Hawaii in NC!

August 25, 2013

What an awesome weekend!

Friday:

I completely jinxed myself talking about what a fabulous week I had! Work was in-FREAKING-sane and by the time the clock struck 5 PM, I was a zombie walking out of the door. I pushed through cardio at the gym then received a call that a company was coming over to wash and detail my car!


Now that is how it is done.


After, my car was beautiful again, Marq & relaxed with Champs and chocolate raisins, and we watched one of the best movies I have seen in a long time; "42".


Saturday:

Marq and I rose early to bake the red velvet brownies from Pintrest that I posted about on Friday. We were baking them for a luau birthday party. We had all of the shit ton ingredients that it required and got to work. We were pouring the batter in the pans for it to cook, and we decided to taste it to see how we did. 

Well something was so wrong. It did not taste good. We checked through everything and figured out that our canola oil expired in 2010. Like wow. 2010. Really?

Since we had used up some of the ingredients and I was ready to throw up in the flag, we just decided to go back to the grocery get boxed brownies, and call it a day.


However, we did make them our own. We added caramel and peanut butter throughout the batter and topped it with chocolate chips. They were a hit and everyone loved them.


I spent the rest of the afternoon at the gym, cleaning, and prepping food for the week. Then it was time to get ready. Since we were going to a luau, I decided for big blonde curls and a fun purple smokey eye. I felt like a tropical blonde!


Below is our friend Will's house. He has turned his back yard into a Hawiian oasis. The pictures do not do it justice. It is absolutely incredible! It is like someone dropped Hawaii in North Carolina.


We had the best time drinking Spirte and peach vodkas and dancing to beach music.I was so buzzed. I met an awesome girl named Selena and these older chicks there were eating Marquis up. Since he's getting really buffed up for his upcoming bodybuilding shows, he looks more cut and veiny than usual. These ladies were drooling over it. Personally I thought it was hot. I'm the one going home with him so those girls can touch and drool all they want. 




We left around 12:30, sang "Girl's Just Want To Have Fun" completely out of tune, and picked up Steak & Shake. Then I passed out before I could even enjoy it. We haven't let loose like that in a while so it was deserved. They are having another luau in two weeks. Ill be there with bells on!

Sunday:

Today has been wonderful. It has been a bright and sunny day and the most perfect temperature. Marquis and I slept in until about 9:30. We had breakfast outside, went for a walk, then took the dogs to the dog park. 

Now I'm gearing up for Catfish and the VMA's. I can't wait to see my girl, Ms. Gaga perform. I even made a new snack to have during the show. They are whole wheat dough balls rolled in fat free butter spray and extra light olive oil and topped with garlic powder, and Parmesan cheese. Yum!


I hope everyone had a great weekend - join up and share your weekend Shannies and join all of the link up's!

24 comments

  1. you looked cuuute! i love big hair..nothing shouts confidence like big curls! i like that even though life seems to get hectic sometimes, you always have a positive attitude. it's great to read! annnnd chocolate raisins are my go to :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how we are BFFs!! You are absolutely beautiful!!!! & I love that you got the bubbles out for the VMAs!!! I feel you, i am dreading this week already & it hasnt even started.. COME ON FRIDAY.. glad you enjoyed your weekend!! Sounds like it was a blast!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ps. I was going to buy 42 today at costco but instead went for Epic, but now I wanna go back & buy 42 too!!! I heard its amazing - I am a HUGE baseball fan!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you look so cute! I love your make up you should do a tutorial...you are good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that movie, 42. You looked amazing for the party, and I love that you don't mind if others admire your man. So many women are so ridiculously jealous. I hate that. =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish I could get even half the volume you do in your hair! Definitely very envious :D Sounds like you had an awesome weekend! A luau party sounds so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like you had a fun filled weekend. The backyard really looks like a Luau and perfect for a party!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh no, what a bummer about the brownies! Not that long ago, I baked brownies and accidentally used expired eggs and my hubby wound up getting sick. :(

    The luau party looks like so much fun! You looked gorgeous as usual!

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart
    Target Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Girl that is TOO funny about the brownies!!! You will have to remake them soon...but yours looked quite delicious...caramel yum! What a great weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I wish I could make my hair big but it's always so flat, I've tried volumizing shampoo/conditioner etc.. and nothing :(

    Brownies look delicious... I want some lol

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like fun! What a bummer about the red velvet...I would have cried...I love red velvet so much! Your pic looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  13. that backyard party looks awesome!

    xoxo, Amy @ Interpret As You May

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sorry about the cake (sounds like something that would happen to me. Looks like what you made turned out really good. Your makeup as always is gorgeous. Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. haha thank goodness you tested the recipe!! Love your look for the BBQ - you look like Malibu Barbie!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You've got to loosen up every once and while and have a night like that! Looks like lots of fun!! Glad your brownies turned out good despite the kitchen foul :)) I've heard so much about that movie 42, we've got to watch it soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Those brownies look fun! Love the hair, I wish I could get mine to do something other than hang out there looking all stringy. Looks like you had a fabulous weekend! I missed Gaga, but got to catch NSYNC. I will have to go to Youtube to catch all the other performances I missed!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Both you and the venue look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  19. um, no lie. i thought i was malibu barbie this weekend too! think floral high waisted shorts, a white bow tube top, and wedges.

    i'll have to wear it again and copy your eye makeup because its ON POINT!

    Gorgeous as usual.

    http://yourbeautyfixreviews.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sounds like a great weekend! And the luau looks like it was a blast :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. This looks like such a fantastic weekend! I love that Hawaiian oasis! So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  22. so someone coming to wash your car at your house sounds like the best plan ever!! I loved 42 also, I cried like a baybay! P.S. damn you on that perfect hair and eye makeup...I am in the process of trying to learn to apply eyeliner at the ripe old age of 28...I missed the memo on makeup as a teenager i think :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. i love outdoor parties, sitting around with friends chatting and enjoying the weather is the best!

    -kathy
    Vodka and Soda

    ReplyDelete
  24. hahaha LOVE this post! It defines my exact emotions as well :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you from the bottom of my heart for not only reading my blog, but taking the time to leave a response. If you notice that you do not hear back from me, please ensure you are not a "no-reply" blogger.

Keep in touch:
Twitter: FitnessBlondieL
Instagram: FitnessBlondieL
Say hello: Liz@TheFitnessBlondie.com
PR: Business@TheFitnessBlondie.com