# # POST TITLE HERE

Summer Fun: My Birthday and Beach Trip!

July 31, 2013

Yesterday I turned 24 years old. I can't believe it. I still cannot believe I even turned 21. Now here I am turning 24. OMG! Where does time go?! I have had a great weekend filled with love, celebration, salty air, and good food. Here is what has been going on:

Friday: Long day at work, but at 5 o'clock it was finally dunzo. I started with a heavy leg work out at the gym and cardio then went home. There was lots of packing to be done! My cat was the best little helper in the world, then he decided to play in the bathtub. I just thought these pictures were cute! :)




Saturday: Marquis and I left for the beach bright and early. We arrived around 2 and had a drink at our hotel bar, toured some condo's, then got ready. We had dinner at our favorite Myrtle spot, "California Pizza Kitchen" then had a lovely evening on the boardwalk: live music, arcade games, shopping, and maybe a cocktail or two! 
Vodka tonic at our oceanside hotel bar!
Beautiful beach view from the bar!

Sunday: We spent the day at the pool and ocean soaking up the sun! When we were all pooped out from the sun, we showered and went to Planet Hollywood for an early dinner and cocktail, then saw "Wolverine" in 3D at the awesome theater at "Broadway at the Beach". By the time the movie was over we went back to our hotel for a drink at the hotel. It was such a beautiful night. The breeze was perfect and there is nothing like having a drink by the ocean. The bartender even turned on "True Blood" for me on the bar outside!

My beach bum!
Planet Hollywood
Planet Hollywood
Planet Hollywood
Drinks at Planet Hollywood in our souvenir cups!
Ready for an evening out!
Monday: We woke up bright and early and toured more condo's (we have been looking for a while) and finally placed an offer on an awesome ocean front condo at "Ocean Reef Resort" this place is amazing. It was a bowling alley in it, water park, general store, Starbucks, restaurant/exclusive bar, and tons of indoor/outdoor pools. The rest of the day was spent being beach bums again, but it was interrupted by a huge storm around 4 PM. We decided to go back to the room and get ready, then went to Encounters: UFO Museum. I love the paranormal and UFO's so I was really excited about it, but very disappointed. Afterwards we had dinner at Margaritaville. 

Gorgeous view
Soaking up the sun!
Poolside kisses
Cheese!
Encounters: UFO Museum
Encounters: UFO Museum
Encounters: UFO Museum
Encounters: UFO Museum
Encounters: UFO Museum
Encounters: UFO Museum
Listening to real 911 calls about UFO's in Encounter's
Encounters: UFO Museum
Tuesday: It was my birthday and time to leave the beach and head home. I spent the afternoon of my birthday grocery shopping, unpacking, prepping food, cleaning, and getting ready to be back on my grind. Marquis is prepping for his next bodybuilding show in October so we are back on our grind. We did take a little break last night for some birthday cake, though. My o my, it was amazing! I had a fantastic birthday and I welcome "24" with open arms!

Cake batter ice cream cake for my birthday!
My first picture at "24" - let's do this! :)

10 comments

  1. Looks like you had a really great birthday celebration!! Loving that last pic! Looking fab!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday friend... looking fierce! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday! Sounds like you had an amazing time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE Myrtle Beach! Haven't been in a few years. Your kitty pic crack me up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you had an awesome time, doll! You and your hubby are so perfect together <3

    http://yourbeautyfixreviews.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy belated birthday for Tuesday, Liz!! Lol I'm 30 and I still feel 21 sometimes (and other times I feel about 90!) Your cat is so cute and your blogs look great. Thanks for commenting on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun trip, huh? I live right off of Cape Cod, so I always forget that not everyone has a beach as close as I do. Actually we're off to the beach today......I gotta work on my tan some more.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like you had lots of fun!!
    Now wanting to plan a beach getaway!
    :) Liz @ www.rusticpeach.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love myrtle beach!! We go almost every year!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you from the bottom of my heart for not only reading my blog, but taking the time to leave a response. If you notice that you do not hear back from me, please ensure you are not a "no-reply" blogger.

Keep in touch:
Twitter: FitnessBlondieL
Instagram: FitnessBlondieL
Say hello: Liz@TheFitnessBlondie.com
PR: Business@TheFitnessBlondie.com